Last updated: 12/29/2018
Terms of Service (TOS)
By registering an account with XMPP.is and its sister domains, you agree to the following terms.
- You agree to follow our Acceptable Use Policy (AUP).
- You agree that you are aware that the following, possibly identifying information is stored: hashed passwords, mod_offline messages, mod_mam archives, vcards and rosters. We do NOT store user’s IP addresses. A user that is offline will have received messages stored until the user comes back online to provide a smoother chat experience. Please read our transparency and security pages for additional info.
- You agree to not conduct penetration tests against XMPP.is and sister domain services, without notifying us of a vulnerability, if found.
- You agree that there is no guarantee with the services XMPP.is and its sister domains provide. You agree to not hold us responsible for service outages and or degradation of service.
- You agree that you are aware, that in some situations we may be forced to comply with a lawful court order.
- You agree that we reserve the right to terminate an account in non-compliance of our TOS/AUP.
- You agree that we reserve the right to update our policies without prior notification. (Timestamps will always be provided of the last update).
Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
- You may not use XMPP.is and its sister domains to conduct illegal activity according to the laws of the United States of America or Germany. Common illegal activities may include spam, fraud and distribution of malware.
- You may not use XMPP.is and its sister domains to impersonate others.
- You may not mass register accounts or use automated scripts to bypass captcha.